Friday, June 17, 2011

Isaiah's 1st Time Out

Does this look like a kid who understands he's in timeout?











Nope...I didn't think so either (he looks like he is signing "more" in this picture, but he is actually signing "ball").

Nonetheless, this is a picture of Isaiah in his very 1st timeout. 1.5 minutes of pure, singing joy in his high chair. Actually, he was more upset when I took him out because he thought he was about to get something to eat.

So, what was his crime? Throwing toys. And believe me, I'm not exagerating when I say he throws something all day long. He is all boy!

I've been hit in the head twice, stunned by shoes landing on the counter, watched our TV pegged countless times, and blocked Olivia from being hit more than once...this particular feat stunned JP as my Super Hero Mommy reflexes flew my arm into the air catching the impending toy in the manner of Superman.

But my Super Hero powers are severly limited leaving me at a loss as to how to make Isaiah stop...actually, no I don't want him to stop. I want him to learn to only throw toys/balls outside.

But when he picks up toys one after another saying, "no, no, no" and then hurls it across the room, it's obvious to me that saying "NO" isn't working...not that putting him in time out did anything...

...help!!!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Haha! We are in the exact same boat. I don't remember Olivia ever throwing things like Duncan does...and I'm stumped too. If you figure out something that works pleeeaase let me know. =)