Saturday, October 08, 2011

Tiny Tot Time

Isaiah is currently 22.5 months

As the year is going on I’m getting better and better about Isaiah and his activities. I’ve even printed off a couple Tot School Printables for him. I’m still a long way off from my vision…I want lots more one-on-one time with him…but everyday I make progress For the most part I am extremely blessed that he likes to play independently. Even so, he does love to sit at the table with us, he loves to scribble, and he loves it when Olivia gets to do her school by teaching him something.

IMG_3552

“Coloring” his a is for apple page. A couple days later he did letter stamping on a new a is for apple page.

IMG_3562

I showed him how to draw a line between the pictures, and he even did it…once. Then he went back to “coloring.” He also really enjoyed the fruit stickers. I took them off for him, named the fruit, he took it from me and repeated the name of the fruit, and then stuck it down on the paper. At one point he even pretended to eat the fruit off the paper saying, “Yum, yum, yum, yum….”

IMG_3565

I cannot tell you how much time he spent with this puzzle…it seemed like hours! He is an expert at it now though, and loves to say the word “octagon.” On one of our walks I pointed out the stop sign as an octagon, and so now he is starting to point them out wherever he sees them.

In the background you can see a corner of his toy shelf. Sometimes he plays with these and other times he goes and finds his own toys. The past two weeks our theme has been fruit and he loved playing with the cutting fruit I laid out for him. We even tried a matching activity. I printed out pictures of fruit and showed him how to match up his toy fruit with the picture. He did pretty good with it, though it didn’t hold his attention more than a couple minutes.

IMG_3569

Letters, letters everywhere! Isaiah loves letters! He points them out…actually shouts them out….wherever we are. So, I indulge him and give him as many letter toys as I can. He loved the flashcards from our MFW Kindergarten curriculum. I don’t use them for Olivia, but they were perfect for him!

IMG_3586

Olivia’s favorite way to practice her phonograms is to be the teacher for Isaiah…and he loves it too. It involves a lot of laughing, a lot of screams, and a whole lot of silliness.

IMG_3571

We all love the iPad! And we love daddy for buying it for us! One of us is always using it…well, not literally, but we do use it a lot! Someday, I’ll do a post on our favorite educational (and non-educational) aps.

IMG_3603

Climbing on everything!

No comments: