Saturday, October 08, 2011

Sensory Bin: Creation

This was our very first sensory bin this year…way back in August! I wanted to post about it though because I have benefited so much from reading posts about other sensory bins. And this one was a big success for us.

My goal for this sensory bin was to follow along with the days of creation and each day add in more stuff. We did pretty good for the first 4 days, but then I admittedly slacked off. I was still trying to get in the groove of our schedule since it was our first week of home school. But still it turned out great, and this bin morphed into our Space sensory bin a few weeks later.

IMG_3152

  • We started with a base of black beans and rice for day 1 of creation representing day and night.
  • Magnetic letters C-R-E-A-T-I-O-N
  • Magnetic numbers 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
  • Spoons for scooping and containers for scooping into.
  • I don’t have pictures, but for days 2 –4 I added a blue scarf to represent water, a brown scarf to represent land, some toy trees, gold pom-poms for stars, a big yellow pom-pom for the sun, and star stickers.

IMG_3147IMG_3155IMG_3158 IMG_3161 IMG_3156

The kids really loved playing with this, and Olivia asked for it over and over again!

No comments: